Volunteer to Host
UPDATE: All hosting shifts are filled and applications are no longer being accepted. We appreciate your desire to help.
Hosting is enjoyable and rewarding, and most of our volunteers return year after year. You can start the process of joining them by clicking the "Hosting Application" link below (no longer available).
Volunteer to fill a shift each day, Tuesday through Friday, and receive free admission to Monday through Friday classes. You can attend classes any time except during your assigned shifts.
Here are the available shifts (actual shift assignments may vary):
- Tuesday through Friday:
- 8:00–11:30 a.m.
- 11:20 a.m.–2:45 p.m.
- 2:35–6:10 p.m.
- 6:00–9:30 p.m.
- 8:00 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
- Noon–4:15 p.m.
Common tasks and expectations of hosting volunteers:
- Check name badges at the door of your assigned class.
- Count the number of students attending each lecture.
- Keep the flow of students moving smoothly before and after class.
- Uphold BYU Education Week dress standards and policies.
- UPDATE: While volunteering, attire is business casual. Women may wear pants or slacks; men are not required to wear a tie (no leggings, shorts or flip-flops, and men must wear closed-toe shoes).
- Help students enjoy their experience at Education Week.
We do our best to schedule your shift based on the information you provide. Since we are unable to anticipate the number of applications we will receive, we may not be able to accept all who apply. Cancellations are problematic, so please apply only if you are confident that you will be able to serve. Hosts must be age 18 or older by August 19, 2019. If you have questions, please call 801-422-6214.
The mandatory Saturday Host Training Meeting (August 17, 10:00 a.m., 3220–3224 WSC) will focus on meeting your hosting team, picking up your hosting materials and name badge, and learning how your building host would like you to complete your specific assignment (checking badges, taking attendance, etc.). Refreshments will be served.
Check back in April 2020 for the Hosting Application.
We appreciate the service of our hosting staff, who do so much to make Education Week a pleasant experience for all who attend.